Can you believe my little guy is 2 1/2 today!!! Wow he is getting so old. So I'll dedicate this post to him today. Turner is quite the character. I don't really know how to put in to words to describe him. He is ALL boy. Loves playing sports, he can dribble a soccer ball down the field better than me, he LOVES playing baseball and is always using something as a ball and bat. He does love our new trampoline too. His new thing is that he comes up to me and says "Play me know?" It is so sweet, I wish every time I could just drop everything I was doing to play with him. Some other things he says "Bed time?, eat time?, bath time?" Today Mackenzie woke up crabby and was crying and he went and told Aaron "Si crying" then came back in the living room and was asking her "Si, OK? You OK Si" with those big worried eyes. I thought it was SOOO sweet. He has started throwing bigger tantrums the past couple days, and for sure the best thing to do with him is to just walk away and let him finish. He got in trouble last night while we were outside playing for yelling at me and not listening and I just told him to go inside and sit in time out. He was in there screaming bloody murder for a few minutes, but when he finished he was a perfect angel. And that is one of the funny things about him. Sometimes he can be so strong headed and frustrating, but then he is one of the sweetest boys you've ever met too. And he is just so darn cute about it all that it is impossible to not love the kid. He does get snuggly now too. At night he'll sit right next to me or on my lap before bed, and he comes and gets in bed with me in the middle of the night every night pretty much, but he is so tiny next to me, the perfect snuggle bug. Which is so funny, because this was the kid that had never slept with me from the time he was about 4 weeks old until one time when he got sick at about 1 1/2 years old. He LOVES his little brother, and is more aware of Austin now than ever. He just randomly goes over to Austin and gives him kisses or strokes his head. And him and Mackenzie still love each other and play great together. Sure they have their moments, but they are great friends. We haven't been working much on potty training, just been so busy, but I think this weekend I am going to try him in underwear. Maybe he is just the type of kid that wearing a pull-up just means he doesn't have to use the pot, so we'll see how that goes. But he has been keeping his pull-up dry through the night, so I know he is physically ready. So for his 1/2 birthday today we stopped and got donuts on the way in to Nany's. He got to pick his out, the one with the sprinkles and a blueberry donut. And when i asked him what he wanted for his birthday he gets a big smile and says "CAKE" so tonight I'll make him a cake when we get home and we'll all sing Happy Half birthday to you! Of course Mackenzie is wanting to know how long till her half birthday because she is sick of being JUST 4, she wants to be 4 and a half! lol
Turner constantly intrigues me by his personality. It is very entertaining to just sit and watch him work. I look forward to seeing the man he becomes - although he will probably put the most gray hairs on my head. Maybe it is just the wide range of his personality that make each thing so special. He will no doubt be the one to get in the most trouble and be down on his luck the most, but I could see him being the one to make the greatest achievements. He will be my biggest challenge to know how to parent, and will test me and Aaron constantly, never letting us think we've got this parenting thing down, but he will make me a better parent for it. There is something very special in Turner and I know that there are great things in his future.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
I would always love some comments to know who is out there!