Friday night started out as normal with gymnastics. Mackenzie still loves it and is doing really well. We all went this week. Once we got home it was time for bed, so that was the night. Saturday morning we all got up together and I went out to mow the yard. No Aaron didn't "make" me mow the yard. I actually enjoy it sometimes, and it was time to myself and getting in a workout for the day. Once I was done Aaron and I went out and finally got our trampoline put together - well we started it anyways. We've had it in our garage for almost 3 months now and it just seems any time it has been nice weather we had stuff to do. So then we had Mackenzie's soccer game at noon. We really tried to talk to her about going for the ball and kicking it - and it worked a little, she ALMOST scored her first goal. Wish I had it on video because all the parents on the team were yelling for her to "Go Mackenzie". I think everyone will give her a standing ovation when it finally happens! When we got home we finally finished putting together the trampoline and it wasn't a moment too soon, the rain started coming down as soon as we were finishing the last thing. Then it was time for dinner, baths, and then Turner and I went out to do our grocery/Wal-mart shopping.
Today Austin gave me my first Mother's Day gift, he slept until 6 this morning, then I fed him and put him back to bed, and he didn't get up until about 9!! That means mommy got to sleep in until 8:30. I couldn't believe it. (Last night it was back to up twice in the night so it must have been a bluff). Turner came in about 7 but I went and got his milk and turned cartoons on in our room and he just laid there with us watching TV. Mackenzie came in a little later and the first thing she did was come over and tell me Happy Mother's Day. She was counting down the days and was so excited about it. So I got up and made us all french toast - yummy yummy. Then it started all the individual dates.
Mackenzie's - she decided she wanted to go swimming so we went up to the indoor pool a the civic center. I'm sure everyone remembers my little story a couple of posts ago about the "big stomach" comment she made - well I've got a topper to that one! I get on my swimsuit and I'm at the bathroom sick brushing my teeth and Mackenzie is standing next to me and she says "Wow mommy, you've got chubby little legs like Austin!" Guess we know where he gets them from now!! In spite of that I still decided to take her swimming! lol She had so much fun getting to make me go here then there then here then there. I think we went through the lazy river about 50 times! We swam for about 2 hours then it was time to get back home to feed Austin.
We came home, fed Austin, ate lunch, showered, threw in a load of laundry - and out I went with Austin. I took him up to Sears to get his 4 month pictures taken. I've been wanting to get a new one of all 3 kids together, but that takes a lot more effort and planning so this was a quick, cheap visit and something that we could do together during our alone time. Can't wait to send out the link. He was pretty fussy while we were there - of course, doesn't it always end up that way. So I didn't get any full smile pictures, but we did end up with cute ones nonetheless. Craziest thing...while we were there there was one other family in there with two small kids. Come to find out the other little boy in there was named Austin James too - what a coincidence huh! So got pictures done, came home, woke Turner up from his nap, changed clothes since Austin spit up all over my shoulder, and then out the door with Turner. Check out his pictures online here https://www.searsphotos.com/?shareid=S206216036l355A5EJ675
For him I decided to go to Monkey Joes. It is one of those bounce house places. He LOVES it. Just climbs all over. he was back and forth from one of them to the next. The whole day he kept asking, "Me turn mommy?" He was so excited when I woke him up and told him it was his time now. Then all he could say is "Monk Joes" all the way there. He loved the big monkeys on everything. At first I was going in all the houses with him, then I realized some of them were only up to a 70 lb weight limit. Oops! But there were some that I got to go in with him. On the other ones I had to be watching him around every corner. It was so fun to be able to chase him all over and let him take the lead. I could follow him wherever he wanted to go. He'd go through one, then come out yelling "Come on momma" and waving his hand for me to go running around after him! What fun. Aaron has never been to one, and so on the phone he asked if Turner liked it. Basically I told him that if you had Turner sitting in front of you and had to build a play place around him, this is what it would be. It is the perfect place for him.
So then we came home, Aaron had made dinner, the kids played on the trampoline, and then baths and bed. Whew, busy day, but all fun and games. I will definitely keep this my tradition.
So today I took Austin to his 4 month checkup. he is 16 lbs (75th %), 25 inches (50th %), and like 65% in head. He ROLLED OVER from back to front for the first time while we were at the doctor's office. He has been going over from front to back for a little while now. Can't believe he is getting so big. I know he will be following me around the house before I know it. he has also started cereal and will start baby food tomorrow. After his dr. appt. I went up to the gym and Aaron met me up there with the other kids. I had about 20 minutes to finish up and then I went in to get the kids and Turner had just thrown up. Took him straight home and he was running a 102 fever. I gave him Ibuprofen and he was ok for the rest of the night. Aaron will stay home with him tomorrow. Hopefully he feels ok. My poor little baby. We also had Parents as teachers tonight for the boys. Both are doing great. Turner could be talking a little better but he is coming along. I've realized that what he does is that he only says the last syllable of words. So Nany comes out Ny, Sissy comes out See.... They will evaluate him in September to see if he needs any speech therapy, but truthfully, I think he will be fine but will take any help we can. hey, if someone gets paid to spend an hour of time totally on him, I'll take it. I'm sure he would improve leaps and bounds if I'd spend even an hour a week just specifically working with him. Maybe I need to work that in. Anyways, that was our weekend. Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers.
Oh, and I need to give a big thanks to my hubby. Without him being as wonderful a father and husband as he is, I wouldn't be able to be the type of mother I want to be. Thank you sweetheart...I love you!



No comments:
Post a Comment
I would always love some comments to know who is out there!