Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Wrap on the weekend


Fran and I on our way out!

After the wedding - don't we make a good lookin' family!
Allen and Ashley during their first dance

My sisters had to leave the reception and go to Prom, so they changed there and we got to take pics before they left. LtoR: Caitlyn (otherwise known as "the sister who is moving in to my basement for the summer!!!"), my mom, and Abby - Hey, when did they grow up

This past weekend was a busy one, especially after dealing with sick kids and having to play tag team on work and staying home all week long, but it turned out good. Friday night I went out with Fran to celebrate her 30th birthday. We had fun. I couldn't drink much since I was the designated driver and I knew that the next day was going to be non-stop, but we had a good time. Of course Fran and I could have a good time just about anywhere I think. You'd swear that we've known each other from birth. thanks for being such a good friend Fran - you know I love you like a sister!

Saturday Mackenzie had a soccer game. Aaron took her by himself because it was too cold and windy to have the boys out, especially with them not feeling great anyways. Aaron said she did good. She does a good job following the play, so we just need to work on getting her a little more aggressive to go in and get the ball. She is having a blast though, and that is all that really matters. Once they got home we got ready, all dressed up, and drove down for my brother's wedding. The wedding turned out beautifully and the kids had so much fun at the reception. They were SOOO tired by the time we left to head to the hotel. Welcome to the family Ashley (officially :) ). On Sunday we went to my grandparents and had a great time visiting with family that was in from out of town. It was so good to see everyone. The first part of the day I felt great since I didn't drink or anything the night before. Then Aaron and I went for a run, and it was downhill from there. Don't know if it was just allergies or me getting the cold the kids had had, but I felt awful. We went to see the kids fish, and by the time we left there I couldn't hardly breath and was sneezing the whole way home.

Yesterday I felt a little better but not great. We got home and did dinner and I decided to go on a little run to get some exercise. So I started running, and running, and running.... Well once I got home I had Aaron go drive my route to see how long it was, and ends up I ran 3.8 miles last night!!! This is HUGE for me, I've never been a runner. And that was non-stop, no walking, no resting, nada - just going with the groove. I came up with a grand plan while I was running that I will share with everyone as soon as I get it all together. So stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your grand plan involves getting rich, setting your friends up for life as well as your family, and some lady's nite out that I promise I will get to join in on!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ya too sis!!! I had a lot of fun on Friday. I hope we can plan something for next month. This time I will be the DD. I hope you plan involves you running and me losing the weight! LOL I am NOT a runner. I love to walk, but not run.

    Your Sisters and Mom looked great.

    ReplyDelete

I would always love some comments to know who is out there!