So tonight is my official start at NY&co. I'm really looking forward to it. Just something new and different. Yes it will be challenging and difficult at times to keep managing everything, but I think it is a good choice for us right now. Last night I didn't have anything to do, didn't have to be anywhere, laundry was caught up, house was clean....so the kids and I just had a nice relaxing night. I made a good dinner, we did some crafts, read some books, and watched Land Before Time III (gosh I love those movies!). I am very conscious of the fact that now that my hours with the kids will be on the decline, I really need to make the most of each moment I do have and really make it quality time. So my house will probably be a wreck, and the laundry may not be as caught up on, but oh well...I'll have to let it go. I don't have any other choice. Things like that will just have to be reserved for after the kids go to bed. No more lazy nights on the couch, I've got to buck up and make it happen. And of course I know my wonderful husband is going to step up to the challenge too, but you know how guys are - nothing personal against you honey - but they just don't see things the way we do. Guys think it is time to do laundry when they go in to their drawer and they don't have any boxers left and have to make due for a day - women see laundry to do when there is laundry in the basket (which of course is barely ever truly empty). Or maybe that is just me!!! I am a little pyscho about it all - I know honey, I'm sure you are yelling out a "Oh you guys don't know the half of it" right about now! lol So good news is that this also means my shopping spree is right around the corner! Yes, I'll be getting somewhere between a 40-55% discount so WhoooHooo for me! Hey, I can be selfish this one time and put my first 2 paychecks right back into myself right?!
On a little bit of a down note, well a big one, we know that there is a possibility that Aaron may loose his job, and it would be right before Christmas :( Now that would suck. But I know that he will take care of his family no matter what it takes, and I TRULY do believe that he will make it happen. So keep us in your prayers that LOTS of people start needing Finance and Accounting temps around here and order them from him! Let me tell ya, he is really putting in a lot of hours and hard work at this job and it is a really good fit for him, so I'd hate for us to be back to square one. But I also have to keep reminding myself that we will not get handed more than we can handle and that everything happens for a reason. Hey, maybe it would open the door to an even better opportunity. My worst fear though is that with my job not exactly being rock solid these days, that we could find ourselves in a few months both out of work....but positive thoughts, positive thoughts!! Anyways, like I said, just keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
And tomorrow my little guy Turner is going to be 3 years old. Oh my gosh I can't believe it. (Grandma and Pop, we did get your card and gift in the mail!) We are having a party for him tomorrow night. He is so excited. Of course he keeps saying it is going to be his half-birthday and I keep trying to tell him, no this is the big one. Funny thing I want to remember from last night....so this last weekend the kids watched the Wizard of Oz, and afterwards the kids played dress up - Mackenzie was Dorothy and Turner was the whicked witch chasing after her and Toto, so in on of the books we were reading last night there was a picture of a witch, and Turner grabs my face to turn towards him and tell me that he wants to be "the Wicked Witch when he grow up!" Ohhh gosh, I have to say, hope not, but isn't it just adorable how kids believe they can be ANYTHING they want when they grow up - even a wicked witch....gotta love it.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TURNER!!! I remember the day, and coming to the hospital. Sooo much has happened in 3yrs, life just doesn't seem to go any slower does it? Take time to enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Turner!
ReplyDelete~Scott, Doreen and Sami