Monday, March 30, 2009

Fun busy weekend

We had a great weekend. Very busy but fun.
The weekend started on a pretty sour note. When I left work I was run down emotionally and was at a very high stress level. Just a lot of stuff sitting on my chest. I literally felt like my neck was going to explode from high blood pressure and felt like I had a 100 lb weight on my chest. I couldn't shake it all and let it go for anything. Then - I got a call about some of the work stuff that eased my mind there, then got my grades for school - and it was like someone literally lifting the weight off of me. Thank goodness, because I don't think I could have made it through the weekend like that.

So Friday night Mackenzie got to have her friend Becca (Fran's daughter) over for a sleepover. They had so much fun. I just love having kids over to the house. Can't wait for a few years from now when we have a constant stream.

Mackenzie and Becca playing beauty shop in the morning.

We also went to the store Friday night to get paint for Mackenzie's room. Saturday morning I started preparing the room for painting and decided that I really needed to swap the boys/girl room. It just makes more sense. The boys have so much more furniture. And Mackenzie is going to be hitting that time very soon where she wants her "privacy", so I thought it would be better to give her her own private room. Can't say that Aaron was overjoyed with the decision - but I got him to agree while he was still half sleeping so by the time he got up I was already neck deep! lol No really - he loves it. It couldn't have worked out better. Of course my house was in shambles, but all worth it to give my little girl the room she deserves. Next on the list - painting the boys room and getting them new dresser.



My dad came up Saturday to see the kids and stayed the night. The kids always LOVE having Grandpy around. (And mom and dad always look forward to the little break and a meal we don't have to worry about.)

Turner woke up sick yesterday. Poor little guy couldn't keep anything down. Finally last night I gave him ice chips to chew on and that worked. He even finally decided to eat some dry cereal. you know they are sick when they won't even attempt to eat - and I had gone out and gotten donuts for breakfast! I think it hurts even more when this little guy is sick because it takes so much to keep him down. To see him literally lay on the couch all day, I knew he must be feeling awful.
Finally, last night I realized I really did need to finally give Austin a hair cut. His "mohawk" hair was getting just down right shaggy and the comb over affect just wasn't cutting it.

The BEFORE:

"Ahhhh.....I'm a wild man"

The AFTER:

I must say, I know it looks better, but I already miss that hair. It was kind of his trademark. And now - just one more step towards becoming a toddler.:(

1 comment:

  1. The room looks awesome..... Hope Turner feels better soon. Austin looks like such a big boy.

    ReplyDelete

I would always love some comments to know who is out there!