Sunday, March 15, 2009

What a nice change of pace

This weekend was a much needed change of pace for me. I've been super stressed at work, the frustrating thing is that it isn't the work itself, it is the politics around it that are stressful. Man, to think of how much energy gets wasted with this type of stuff. So yesterday we got out as a family and did our Wal-mart shopping, then we came home and unpacked and did lunch. Austin went down for a nap, so we went outside with the kids. Ended up deciding to clean the cars which was a MUCH needed event - and event it was! I was exhausted afterwards. Aaron finally got the Christmas lights down - yes, we STILL had our Christmas lights up - total hoossiers I know. And I washed all 6 of the car seats. Good to finally get it all done. We went for a walk last night and Mackenzie rode her bike the whole way. And we went to the movie store to pick out some movies to watch. Today I took Turner and Mackenzie to church. They were so good. It is just little things like that that remind me just how much they are growing up and how fast it is happening. I think we may all need to go for another walk again. Tonight for dinner we are all going to a restaurant with a gift card i got for my birthday. It has been good to not have a ton of school stuff hanging over my head. I got most of the stuff done yesterday morning, so i even allowed myself to sleep in today until the kids got me up. It has just felt so good this weekend to escape into the comforting arms of my family. I wish I didn't have to leave them. But I know I need to, tomorrow I need to get right back to work and the politics will have been there waiting for me all weekend. And I must forge through them and come out the other side victorious because I don't have a choice. It is my only option. I can only attempt to not bring them home with me, but you can't just turn off one part of your consciousness when it is time for the other. I certainty can't not think about my family when I'm at work, how could I expect myself to never think of work when at home. Well, I think just in typing this I've exceeded my allotted time of thinking about it today, so back to home life. I think a walk is calling my name!!

So it has been a packed weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would always love some comments to know who is out there!